With a single touch, the users can switch off lights and switch on the air condition. Or they control everything at the same time which is part of a pre-defined scenario. Users can view all vehicle information on screens, such as water tank levels or battery condition. Or they rely on PowerPlex® to inform them immediately as soon as any action needs to be taken.
PowerPlex® allows control and monitoring of the on-board electrical system via smartphones, tablets, touch displays or key pads. Thanks to the various operating options, controlling the entire on-board equipment is child’s play.
For applications in leisure vehicles, E-T-A co-operates with major manufacturers of electronic equipment. This tops off the entire solution and continuously enhances the functionalities of PowerPlex®.
- PowerPlex® – key features
- Customer-specific power distribution, controlling and monitoring (DC / AC)
- Intelligent lighting scenes to create the perfect atmosphere
- Automated temperature control and monitoring
- Automatic tank level control, e.g. fresh water and black water, gas
- Reliable control and monitoring of water pumps
- Well-proven control and display of third-party systems of major manufacturers
- Control and monitoring option via touch PCs, touch panels, smartphones, tablets
- Automated scenes for enhanced user friendliness and convenience
- Remote maintenance via internet connection
- PowerPlex® – system example
Together with you, we will tailor a PowerPlex® system exactly to the lifestyle and requirements of your brand and your customers. There is no “one size fits all” package. The strength of PowerPlex® is the option to design one’s own switching and automation solution - exactly matching your ideas and visions.
A PowerPlex® system can be a single module or else a complex system consisting of several modules and control panels.
The system will be as compact or comprehensive as you need it. So it’s easy to automate a caravan or a luxury motorhome. The possibilities are endless. PowerPlex® provides tailor-made automation technology in your vehicle.
- PowerPlex® – CI bus network (LIN)
The CI bus (caravan industry bus) is the standard for serial data networking of electronic devices under the umbrella of the German industrial trade association CIVD (Caravaning Industrie Verband e.V.). The idea is an artless and convenient operation of the mobile home, where a central operation module controls heating, air conditioning and other devices.
E-T-A’s PowerPlex® offers full connectivity to the CI bus. Some PowerPlex® Modules also offer the required interface to connect the PowerPlex® CAN bus directly with a LIN bus system such as the CI bus.
- PowerPlex® – integration of third-party systems
Integration of third-party systems is indispensable for building a smart motorhome. Depending on the device, there are various integration options:
- Integration of e.g. sensors, pumps, battery chargers etc. by means of PowerPlex® Modules
- Integration of touch PCs with installed PowerPlex® TouchPC Software via a CAN/USB converter
- Integration of devices of other bus systems such as LIN via PowerPlex® Gateway or Modules.